Females have been cutting their locks off and working it for centuries now. Popular female short haircuts have come and gone over the past 100 years and some of these include:
● 1920’s Browband; where a jewelled band was worn across the forehead accompanied by feathers or flowers.
● Late 1920’s Eton Crop hairstyle where hair was slicked down firmly and a distinctive kiss curl swirl of hair stuck over women’s foreheads.
● Finger waves
● Short Angled Bob Cuts with Solid Bangs
● Marcel Waves, where hot tongs created deep crested waves.
● Pin Curls
● Italian Cut
● Short Crop, introduced to mainstream by Audrey Hepburn in 1953’s Roman Holiday
● The Pageboy in 1960
● The Bob, reintroduced by Vidal Sassoon
● Geometric Bobs
● Mop Tops
● The Wedge
● Spikes and Pixie Cuts
● Concave Bobs (Victoria Beckham)
● Short Crops